02/04/2020 0 Comments
How to Choose the Right Eye Glasses?
When shopping around for framed eyeglasses in Halifax, it can be quite overwhelming and confusing if you don’t know what to look for. With dozens of pairs available in different colours and shapes, you want to make sure you choose a pair that suits your unique look and lifestyle, and is flattering on your face.
Consider the following tips when choosing eyeglasses to match your style:
- Contrast - Opt for a frame that contrasts the shape of your face. For example, angular glasses work well with rounded features and curved lenses work well with angular features.
- Proportion- Your frames should be in proportion with your face, even though you may be inclined to purchase larger one as you would sunglasses. However, keep in mind that larger frames may not work well in optical lenses.
- Colour - Complement your features with colour. Black is a good choice if you want to highlight your eyes. If you choose a frame that contrasts the tone of your face and hair, you will be making more of a statement. Ultimately, you should decide what features you want to outline and choose a colour that does just that. If you have a yellow, bronze or golden skin tone, the best frame colours for you are light turquoise, brown shades, gold or honey, beige, and olive green for your warm complexion. If your skin has pink or blue undertones, frames that are silver, black, dark turquoise, pink, purple, blue, mauve, and gray, will work well for your cool complexion.
- Round face - Square or rectangular frames tend to be wider than a round face, which can make your face look slimmer and longer. Avoid rimless, round and small frames which can make your face look even more round.
- Oval face - Choose a frame that is geometric in shape, has a strong bridge and is wider than the broadest part of the face. Avoid frames that are too big and cover up more than half of your face, as they will take away from the natural balance and symmetry of your face.
- Square face - You will want to choose frames that soften the sharp features of your face and sit high on the bridge of your nose. Oval or round eyeglasses are a great choice as they add balance and a thinner appearance to the angles of your face. Avoid angular and boxy frames, which can make your face appear bulky.
- Diamond face – Reach for a frame that is wider than your cheekbones to accentuate your delicate features, such as cat eyeglasses and oval frames. Avoid boxy and narrow frames, which will draw attention to your narrow features rather than enhance them.
- Heart-shaped face – Choose square eye glasses with low-set temples and bottom heavy frame lines, which will help make the narrower part of your face look wider. Avoid frames with decorative temples or embellished tops at they will draw attention to the forehead.
If you live an active lifestyle, you can buy frames that twist and bend without breaking. Gamers can choose from a wide range of stylish and fun frames that enhance the gaming experience. Want to impress the VIPs at the office? Accessorize your business style with frames that are functional but add flare to your attire.
Get Complete Eye Health and Vision Care by Your Trusted Eye Doctor in Dartmouth and Halifax
Family Vision Clinic has an extensive selection of eyeglasses for every style, lifestyle and budget. For over 50 years, we have been providing patients with high-quality eyeglasses in Halifax and Dartmouth, along with personalized and patient-centered care. With five convenient locations throughout HRM, we are one of the largest full service and locally owned optometric clinics in the area. Helping you maintain good, healthy vision is our top priority and we always strive to provide exceptional service and quality lenses to meet all of your vision care needs.
Find your new eye doctor in Dartmouth today at Family Vision Clinic. Call 902-462-4600 for Dartmouth Superstore Mall; 902-434-1231 for Tacoma Plaza; 902-469-8230 for Queen Square; 902-457-2224 for Park West Centre; and 902-407-7174 for Nine Mile Drive. You can also fill out our online form and bring it with you when you visit any of our locations.